Monday, December 03, 2007

Banana Goodness

The 17 hours I'm taking this semester haven't prevented me from cooking, but they have eaten away at my time to blog. Thought I'd quick pop in and share my breakfast-for-dinner from last night. J snoozed on the couch while I cooked and awoke to a full breakfast set before her. I made the Lone Mountain Ranch's banana granola pancakes with bacon on the side and dished up some of the pear apple sauce I made last week to go with it.

Banana Granola Pancakes
1 1/2 c. flour
3 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch salt
1 c. granola
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
2 bananas, sliced very thin
3 tbsp. melted butter

Mix dry ingredients together. Beat eggs with milk. Pour over flour. Stir to moisten. Add bananas & stir. Add butter & stir. Spray a skillet with cooking spray & heat. Ladle the batter into the skillet to form pancakes. Cook until bubbles form in the cakes and flip. Cook another minute or two. Keep warm as you repeat with the rest of the batter. Good with maple or hickory syrup. Serves 4.

No comments: