Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Operation 10 by 40

My wife and I have decided, after a week indulging in Miami, to try and get fit. She is calling her project Operation Size 12, for her goal size. Mine is size 10 by age 40. Not sure I can do it that fast, but we shall see. Last night, she broiled some tuna steaks she'd marinated in Old Bay Lemon & Herb, lemon juice, cayenne and a smidge of olive oil. On the side, we had a big salad with light Italian dressing and some steamed veggies. Tonight, I made a big salad and some pita sandwiches. The salad was an iceberg blend with cubed avocado, pieces of crisp turkey bacon, chopped tomato and light vinaigrette. I put a small amount of Jack cheese in the pitas, along with baby spinach, broccoli sprouts, sliced black olives, cucumber slices and light vinaigrette. It was a nice light dinner that was plenty filling. Now, I am going to have a Valencia orange and watch "Georgia Rule." When J gets back from class, we'll hit the treadmills for a half hour walk. Last night, we did the same and it was actually fun, with someone along to keep me company.

No comments: