Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Spicy Marinade

While I was putting together our fish gratin Sunday night, I also threw together a marinade for pork chops & got them doing their thing overnight for Monday's dinner. I am not a grillmaster & it was hot enough that Jeannene did not want to be outside, so I baked the pork chops. I think they'd be even better grilled! I served them with mashed potatoes & steamed green beans. The marinade would be equally good with chicken or tofu. Veggies would probably be great, too, especially if you then grilled them. It has a touch of Cuban flavor, but spicier.

Spicy Marinade

1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. minced garlic
1/2 c. orange juice
1/4 c. lime juice
1/4 c. hot sauce (you could vary it by using chipotle or Asian hot sauce, but I just went with Louisiana hot sauce. You could also use more hot sauce, if you're not into mellow heat.)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin

Mix everything together in a gallon ziploc & add whatever you're marinating.

No comments: