Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Night Flank Steak

I don't know about you, but after I've returned from school late on Thursday & spent all of Friday studying, I don't always feel like making something that's labor-intensive. So, I now have a flank steak marinating. I will broil it, slice it thin, serve it with rice and steamed green beans and be done with the whole dinner shebang in time for an early bedtime so we can get on the road early tomorrow morning. I love easy dinners. After I post the steak recipe, I shall return to liturgical studies (if I can resist the temptation to read more at the Rate My Students blog...wonder if I'll see a rant by an undergrad Spanish professor on her students doing piss-poor Spanish culture final projects on beer cruises in Mexico, one of the more outrageous things I was aware of students doing when I was an undergrad) for the rest of the afternoon.

Soy Flank Steak
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. red wine
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 & 1/2 lb. flank steak

Mix first 3 ingredients. Marinate steak in the mixture 4 hours. Preheat broiler. Pat steak dry. Put on rack in broiler pan and broil 8-10 minutes per side. Serves 4. Each serving has 7 WW Points.

No comments: