Monday, February 09, 2009

Jazzed-Up Salmon Cakes

Tonight, despite J's nose wrinkling when I mentioned them at lunch, I made salmon cakes for dinner, with tater tots, lima beans and fresh pineapple on the side. I adapted a recipe from WW magazine to suit my taste for a little more spice, my abhorrence of soap-leaf (AKA cilantro) and the laziness regarding egg separation that beset me tonight. Although she was less than thrilled that I made the salmon cakes despite her subtle protest, J ended up really liking them and I think you will, too.

Salmon Corn Cakes
7.5 oz. salmon
1/2 c. corn (if you use frozen, warm it up first)
1/4 c. breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsp. ch. onion
A good grinding of black pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. oil, for cooking
Mix everything but the oil and chill 10 minutes. Shape into patties (I think I might do mini patties next time for ease of flipping, but I did 4 tonight). Heat oil in skillet. Add patties & brown on both sides. Serves 2.

No comments: