Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Curry Pies

I had been nervous about putting the beef & curry pies I found in Gourmet's February 2006 issue on the menu. I wasn't sure J liked curry much at all and was fairly certain that Pie would not. However, they sounded so delicious that I decided to go ahead, regardless of the palates of the rest of the family. I was heartened when J chose a curried egg salad with lavender as part of our tea sandwich menu in the Victorian tea she did for our V date on Sunday. Last night, I served the pies with jasmine rice and salad, a very simple backdrop for a rather complicated main dish flavor. Pie happily ate rice & then made himself a sandwich, saying, "No, thank you" very politely after taking a couple bites of the pie. He said it tasted "wet." I thought the pies were absolutely delicious, as well as beautiful, all puffed and golden. For those of you more like me than like my 14 year-old, the recipe can be found at http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Beef-and-Curry-Pie-236403

No comments: