Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fancy Eggs

Really, they were not so fancy, but my 14 y.o. thought they were too fancy. He'd just made scrambled eggs & omelets in his Foods class and thought his eggs were much better. "What is this stuff in the eggs? Mayo or something?" Ha ha! Had I put mayo in the eggs, I could understand his consternation, but it was cream cheese. J and I loved them. I served them with Bob Evans mild sausage, english muffins & peaches. I love breakfast for dinner!

Scrambled Eggs with Cream Cheese & Chives
9 eggs
A handful of fresh chives, minced (I think it came to about 2 tbsp.)
Salt & pepper
A hunk of cream cheese (probably 3.5 oz.)
2 tbsp. butter

Whisk the eggs with the chives, salt & pepper. Add the cream cheese, cut up. Melt the butter in a skillet & cook to your desired consistency. Serves 3 generously.

Last night, I made a very simple & delicious roast chicken. I rubbed a chicken with olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground pepper & herbes de provence. I put it in a baking pan & tossed in halved new potatoes & baby carrots, then roasted in a preheated 350 degree oven until it was done. At J's request, I also made a box of Stovetop chicken stuffing. So not my thing, but it was her night to pick dinner. Pie ate that quite happily.

No comments: