Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Lemony Fish for a 98 Degree Day

It's been so hot this week and I am so grateful that it was cool last week for our Habitat for Humanity mission trip! Tonight, I made lemon-crumbed halibut, parmesan rice (see recipe in a previous post) and Vancouver spinach salad, the recipe for which I got on a lesbian cooks list years ago from a woman named Brenda who lived in Vancouver. Dessert, in celebration of my auntie's first RDI presentation, is a beautiful mini fruit tart from Dorothy Lane Market.

For the halibut, I picked up a half-pound at the seafood counter, cut off the skin and cut it in half. I mixed some dry bread crumbs with lemon zest, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Then, I mixed some lemon juice with some dijon mustard. I dipped the fish in the mustard mixture, then dredged it in the breadcrumbs. I put it on a baking sheet that had been greased with cooking spray, sprayed the fish and popped it in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Delicious!

For the salad, I put baby spinach in a couple of bowls. I sliced some strawberries and chopped some red onion and tossed them in, then sprinkled with sunflower seeds (I used dry-roasted, salted ones because that's what I found at the store...I imagine raw ones would be equally good). Then, I mixed up olive oil, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, a few tablespoons of maple syrup and a smidge of Dijon for the dressing.

No comments: