Monday, May 05, 2008

Chicken Fattoush

This is my adaptation of a WW recipe. I think their version has 8 Points per serving. This is probably the same. I served it with red grapes, Marcona almonds and Boursin cheese.

2 tsp. + 2 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. chicken breast, scalloppine-style, cut in thin strips
3 pita rounds, toasted and cut in thin strips
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 English cucumber, sliced
1 red onion, sliced very thin
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. mint, cut in chiffonade
3/4 tsp. cumin
Salt & pepper

Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken and add to skillet. Sauté until cooked-through and golden. Put in large bowl with pita strips. Add rest and toss thoroughly. Serves 4. Easy and fresh-tasting! I don't think this is completely authentic because there is no sumac or za'atar, but it is good and doesn't make my mouth itch the way sumac does.

No comments: