Sunday, May 04, 2008

Ridin' the Range Once More

Just a quick one, though, before I hit the mall with my wife and boys. I made a Bolognese sauce that turned out not so great for Friday night. It was fine and my 15 y.o. really liked it, but I was disappointed with it. I guess I expected more since I followed the recipe to the T and put a lot more effort into it than I usually do spaghetti sauce. It was just kind of boring. Oh, well, the bucati from Trader Joe's that we had it over was fabulous. That's my new favorite pasta shape. Last night, we had burgers with chili and cheese, Cowboy burgers. Pie chose to eat his plain, but I would definitely eat them with chili again. I was lazy and just opened a can of Campbell's chili. I think they'd be much better with my own chili, but it was easy and quick, which is always good when the fam's been swimming at the rec center and is really hungry. I served a baby greens and herbs salad, fries and tangerines with the burgers and we had a Sara Lee cherry pie for dessert at the request of my oldest.

No comments: