Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fish Night at Clyde's Dale

Last night, I tried a Bon Appetit recipe for tilapia with balsamic butter sauce, had steamed rice and green beans on the side. The fish turned out lovely. My auntie has a rice cooker from Japan and the rice was splendid. I'd always kind of pooh-poohed the whole rice cooker idea since my rice usually turns out good, but the texture was very nice and it kept the rice warm for us while I finished the rest. Jeanie made an absolutely delicious strawberry spinach salad to go with it all. That made a great dessert for me!

Tilapia with Balsamic Butter Sauce
2 tbsp. olive oil
6 (4-5 oz.) tilapia fillets
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1 minced clove garlic
1 stick chilled butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
Simmer vinegar and garlic until reduced to a thick syrup, about 5 minutes. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in each of 2 skillets, on high. Salt and pepper the fish. Sauté until golden, about 2 minutes per side. On medium-low heat, whisk the butter into the balsamic reduction, 1 piece at a time. Serve over fish. Serves 6.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com