Friday, August 17, 2012

Fried Rice Goodness

I always try to remember to marinate things for the next night's dinner as I am cooking. Yesterday morning, though, I realized I had neglected to toss my pork chops in the Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki. I almost decided just to marinate them for half an hour when I got home, but asked myself, "Really, how long will it take to do it now?" Two minutes, it turns out, and that includes prepping the bottle for recycling. So I baked them when I got home & served them with mandarin oranges & this adaptation of a Gwyneth Paltrow recipe:

Fried Rice with Kale & Scallions

1/2 lb. kale
1 1/2 tbsp. oil
1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 minced cloves garlic
3 lg. scallions, sliced on the diagonal
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2 c. cooked basmati rice with cumin seeds
1 1/2 tbsp. tamari

Cut kale leaves in half lengthwise, removing center rib. Cut in chiffonade. Steam 7 minutes. Heat oils in pre-heated skillet over medium-low heat. Stir-fry garlic 2 minutes. Add kale & scallions. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Add egg & stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add tamari & stir-fry half a minute. Serves 4. I think leftovers would make a great omelet!

No comments: