Monday, December 04, 2017

Steak with Tarragon Melting Sauce, December 3, 2017

My wife loves to cook and eat steak. She is, in fact, positively steak-mad. Lucky us, then, last night, when she made some beautiful steaks, using a Paula Deen recipe featuring a glorious, green, herby sauce. I know she tinkered with the sauce, but I don't know what alterations she made, except she definitely used less butter because she kept saying, "This is too much butter. This can't possibly be right,' while I thought, "Um, it's a Paula Deen recipe." Whatever she did, the sauce came out tasting fresh and bright. She says she followed the marinating directions to the letter.

She accompanied the meat with some Near East quinoa (I wish I knew what variety--it was delish), a Taylor Farms chopped kale salad, and perfectly cooked broccoli, which was especially terrific with the steak sauce. I love having a wife who loves to cook and is great at it.

No comments: