Friday, October 30, 2015

Van de Kamp's Fish, October 29, 2015

My wife made a dinner last night that reminded me SO much of my grandmommy's dinners. I spent a lot of time with my grandparents and have memories of many dinners with them. She often made Van de Kamp's beer-battered fish fillets, boiled potatoes, and some kind of frozen veggie---usually peas or lima beans. We would eat in the living room while we watched "Jeopardy" and shouted out answers. Last night, Jeannene made Van de Kamp's beer-battered fish fillets, Mrs. Paul's crunchy fish fillets (which, in my opinion, are not nearly as yummy), leftover potatoes from our baby shower at her plant, and lima beans. Well, I made the limas. And we sat and watched The Witches of Eastwick until she had to go to bed. Luckily, we did not make it to the gross scene during which one should never be eating! But I think I may have her intrigued enough to watch the whole thing with me someday, despite her hatred of Jack Nicholson!

No comments: