Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Swedish Meatballs, December 13, 2015

I generally make special saffron & fruit buns for our St. Lucia Day breakfast. However, this year, we rushed out the door in the morning to pick up our son's biological mother so we could get Santa pictures & go to lunch, so just grabbed bagels on our way out the door. So, for dinner, I made my cousin Lenore's Swedish meatballs recipe, with egg noodles, and her sweet-sour cucumber slices---plus a salad. We also drank cranberry juice with scoops of raspberry sorbet. I don't have Lenore's permission to post her recipes, but you can find some good renditions out there. I like Martha Stewart's version of the meatballs, which you can find here. Just make sure you rinse the salt well when you make the cucumbers or they will be too salty!

No comments: