Monday, October 02, 2017

Cheddar Fondue, October 1, 2017

I'd intended to make cheddar fondue while it was still September, but my wife requested roasted chicken, bumping this to October 1. It turned out to be a perfect meal to celebrate a rainish first night of my favorite month. I served with with French bread, broccoli & cauliflower florets, baby carrots, tiny bell peppers, and slices of apple. It was an incredibly easy meal and everyone loved it. I also brought out the caramel apple dip for dessert. Yum!

Cheddar Fondue
3 c. shredded extra-sharp cheddar
1 c. shredded Gruyère 
1 tbsp. flour
About 1 tsp. minced garlic or garlic paste
12 oz. bottle beer (I used a Hefeweizen)
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
Hot sauce, to taste

Toss cheeses with flour. Heat garlic & beer to a boil over medium heat, preferably in a heavy fondue pot. Reduce to a simmer. Adding a little cheese at a time, stir constantly until all cheese is melted. When fully melted, add the rest. Keep warm over Sterno. Serves 4-6. 

No comments: