Friday, June 30, 2006

Chicken Pie for the Ungrateful

Last night, the dinner menu was very easy. Lunch for Mr. Griffin went well and he enjoyed his visit at the plant. I was happy to have an easy dinner planned. I threw it together with nary a sceond thought. Boot had requested my chicken pot pie for his dinner choice this week. I learned how to make it from my first girlfriend's sister, who is a sweet, sweet woman who cooks very well. Her husband, a Wakulla County, Florida boy, says her fudge pie is "so good that if you put it on top of your head, your tongue'll beat a path through your brain to get to it." He is right, and her chicken pie is mighty fine, too.
Chicken Pot Pie
2 pie crusts (I use the pre-made refrigerated kind)
1/2-1 pound chicken breast chunks, cooked
1 can Veg All, drained (I had to use another brand last night & it was fine, but I like Veg All best)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

Put one crust in a pie plate. Mix the rest together & pour into crust. Top with second crust, crimping & sealing. Cut slits to vent the top (or use mini cookie cutters for make designs). Bake 1 hour in a preheated 350 degree oven. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.

I added a baby spinach salad and melon to round out the meal.

No comments: