Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ohio City Pasta

While we were at the market yesterday, we spent a decent amount of time standing in front of the Ohio City Pasta stand oohing and ahhing. We picked up half a pound of their black pepper fettucine, which is delicious! I made a very quick and easy dinner tonight using it. I ended up being the only one eating it the way I prepared it. I made a gorgonzola sage sauce to toss with it, but J eschews all of the blues, for the most part. She had the pasta with butter and Grana Padano. Pie opted for plain pasta, butter only. J made a pizza just for Boot, but he erupted into a fit of angst just before dinner and refused to eat, so I guess he can have it for breakfast. Won't be as good, but that's not my problem. I thought the sauce I made was just divine, but I am a great lover of stinky cheese. I served romaine salad, Italian bread and fresh pineapple chunks with it.

Gorgonzola Sage Sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 c. milk
4 oz. gorgonzola, crumbled (I used some Amish gorgonzola that was fabulous)
Freshly ground pepper & nutmeg

Melt butter in a skillet. Add sage & stir for about a minute. Add milk & gorgonzola. Stir until cheese is thoroughly melted and sauce is smooth. Add seasonings. Toss with pasta (I used 1/2 lb. fresh pasta) and serve hot. I scattered some grated Grana Padano on it, too. Serves 2 hungry people.

Ohio City Pasta:
3117 Detroit Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
216.696.3388

No comments: