Thursday, January 04, 2007

Playing with New Cooking Toys

J got some new cooking tools for Christmas and tried them out tonight. I played sous chef and made a suggestion here and there. Boot was very glad he had eaten at Subway with his friend because he doesn't like fancy food and Pie was ecstatic at the meal here, although he says he likes leg of lamb better than lamb chops. We had lamb chops with rosemary yogurt sauce, potatoes fried in bacon grease with onions and garlic, spinach salad and Italian bread. I got wigged out halfway through my lamb and had to stop eating it. I am fine for the first little bit, but then start thinking about what I'm eating. But, it was really yummy before I thought about gamboling.

Lamb Chops with Rosemary Yogurt Sauce
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 lamb chops
Salt & pepper
1/2 c. Greek yogurt (this stuff is fabulous with a drizzle of honey and a smidge of fresh thyme)
1 tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
1 tsp. minced fresh dill
Juice of 1 smallish lemon

Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil and heat. Salt & pepper the lamb. Brown on both sides about 4-5 minutes for medium-rare (and I wouldn't take lamb chops much past med-rare). Mix yogurt with the rest of the ingredients to make a sauce for the lamb. Incidentally, the sauce is really good over fried potatoes, too...and would probably complement an omelet very nicely.

No comments: