Thursday, January 25, 2007

On a Health Kick

Tonight, I decided to make a very healthy dinner. I wanted to make a halibut dish, but since it isn't in season until April, I got some cod fillets instead. With our fish, we had steamed broccoli, jasmine rice and fruit salad (oranges, honey tangerines, pink grapefruit, bananas). My wife, who is reading over my shoulder said, "It was delicious. It didn't taste like a healthy dinner. You need to tell them that!"

Ginger-Steamed Cod
4 scallions, thinly sliced (white & light green parts only)
1 (1") piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced in very thin strips
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. honey
2 (6 oz.) halibut fillets (skinless & boneless)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray 2 12x20 inch pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Mix all but fish in a small bowl. Place fillets on foil. Top each with 1/2 the scallion mixture. Fold the foil over the fish and seal. Place on baking sheet and bake 12-14 minutes.

Now, I'm going to have a mug of tea and some amaretti before I snug into bed.


No comments: