Friday, January 23, 2009

Pasta for the Plant


J is hosting a little lunch in the middle of the work day for the managers, so we picked up a bunch of good-lookin' lunchmeats & cheeses last night for sandwiches, as well as hummus and pita chips. I made a big ol' pasta salad and sent it to work with her this morning in my favorite green-glazed pottery bowl, the one I always use for my popcorn. I do hope she's careful with it! I had also made some cupcakes, white with either chocolate or white frosting and blue sanding sugar. She's coming back later for those and a kiss. I wish I had little snowman picks to put in them!


Athenian Pasta Salad

24 oz. organic tri-color vegetable radiatore pasta, cooked

1 red onion, choppped

1 c. oil-cured kalamata olives, sliced

12 oz. feta

1/4 of a green pepper, chopped

2 Roma tomatoes, chopped

3/4 c. oil, plus some more sloshed in the bowl

7 generous tbsp. red wine vinegar

2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. pepper

1 scant tsp. sugar

3 tsp. Dijon mustard


Mix all together gently in a big bowl and chill overnight (or for at least 4 hours).

No comments: