Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Bucatini Alfredo with Chicken & Broccoli, August 31, 2015

In the car on the way home from visiting our son on Sunday, we were playing various games to keep ourselves entertained. Jeannene came up with the game of, "My Ideal Meal" and we each had to come up with what our ideal meal would be. Jeannene started with her ideal dinner: caprese crostinis to start the meal, then bucatini Alfredo with chicken and broccoli, a Caesar salad, Pugliese bread, and a Bumpy Cake. I said, "Not my flourless chocolate cake?" She responded that Bumpy Cake is easier, but yes, my flourless chocolate cake. But Bumpy Cake is one of her very favorites, so that would be good, too.

Well, I was picking up chicken & pitas for lemon cumin chicken last night when I decided that, since I was buying chicken anyway, I might as well make her dream dinner for her. She was having an inordinately rough day at work. I figured it would be a nice end to the day. Luckily, we'd picked up some bucatini on our drive home because our local groceries don't seem to carry it.

Bucatini Alfredo with Chicken & Broccoli
8 oz. bucatini (or your favorite kind of pasta), cooked and still hot
1 1/2 sticks butter, cut into pieces
1 c. whole milk 
1 c. grated, good quality parmesan
Salt & pepper
Some chicken, cooked and cubed
Some broccoli florets, cooked (and not overcooked!)

Stir the butter and milk into the pasta on medium-low heat until the butter melts. Stir in the cheese until it melts. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in chicken and broccoli. 


No comments: