Monday, September 14, 2015

Pumpkin Apple Bagels, September 6, 2015

While I was readying the crockpot pulled pork after church the other week, I also fixed us some pumpkin apple bagels for lunch. We were headed out to a festival, but I thought it was a good idea to get something in our bellies beforehand so we wouldn't get hangry. These fit the bill, but they are very filling, so I really could have done with half. 

Pumpkin Apple Bagels
1/4 c. apricot jam (I love Kissell's Apricot Rosemary Spiced Jam more than I can say)
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
A dash of cinnamon
2 smallish apples, sliced
2 bagels (you could also do the same thing with toast or English muffins)
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 c. canned pumpkin
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
A handful of walnuts, coarsely chopped

Heat jam with lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon, stirring occasionally, until bubbly. Cool, then toss with apples. Toast bagels. Beat cream cheese with pumpkin, sugar, and 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice. Spread on bagels. Top with apples and nuts. Serves 2-4. 

1 comment:

MorMor Lenore Schaffnit said...

YUM! I'm going to remember this one. Two Autumn flavors in one! Thanks for posting, Daria.