Monday, October 10, 2016

Mellow Mushroom, October 9, 2016

When Jeannene and I lived in Columbus, Ohio, we used to go to The Mellow Mushroom fairly often for pizza and really liked it. I was excited to discover yesterday that there's one in Denver! My cousin's husband, whom we hadn't yet met, is in town for work. I'd planned to take him to Cuba Cuba, the only restaurant in Denver proper we'd been to, but we discovered it's closed Sundays. So, I was scrolling through downtown Denver restaurants and spotted it.

I wasn't sure if Alan would be disappointed we were taking him to a pizza joint, and a chain at that, but he seemed to enjoy his calzone. I had a small half and half with my two favorite varieties, Buffalo chicken and redskin potato. Perfect. I was jealous of Jeanene's soup, a glorious mushroom soup. She complemented that with a chef salad. Elij had fun playing with the piece of dough they brought him. He scarfed down the kids' meatballs & mozzarella and ended up with garlic breath! He wasn't so keen on the broccoli. I think we ruined it for him by asking them to overcook it so that it would be nice and soft. They also sliced the meatballs for us, knowing it was for a baby. Very kind, attentive staff.

No comments: