Tuesday, December 09, 2014

My Year in Food: Happy Meal, December 4, 2014

Last Thursday, invited to a cookie exchange & gingerbread house making party, I knew I should eat some supper in the late afternoon. However, I forgot actually to do it! So, I figured I'd just grab something on the way. I very seldom eat fast food these days, although when I was commuting 90 minutes each way for my last job, I ate a lot of it. I have it once every 2 or 3 months now, at most. But sometimes, it's just so convenient. Drive right through, eat in the car on the way somewhere.

I figure if I'm eating crap, I might as well eat a small amount of it. Plus, as some of you may know, I am a giant 7-year-old. So, with McDonald's the handiest place along the way, I grabbed a cheeseburger Happy Meal with a wee, small order of fries and a clementine (which I was delighted to see they're now offering, as I think the apple slices taste like chemicals), a bottle of water to drink. The best part of the meal was the pair of toy binoculars, shaped like penguins, I got with it!

My offerings for the cookie exchange were my chocolate rum balls and Jeannene's family's worm balls (haystacks/chow mein noodle cookies), cookie factory, as well as some rosemary walnuts for everyone to snack on while we constructed our merry little houses! It was fun to get such a nice variety of cookies, from lovely, delicate powdered sugar-dusted delights to decadent caramel chocolate cookies.

No comments: