Thursday, March 17, 2016

Papa Joe's Soup, March 14, 2016

Monday night, after a wonderful lunch at Clarkston Union with my friend, Sue, I found myself feeling a bit draggy and uninterested in cooking. My sweet wife had a meeting at church, then brought home 3 different kinds of soup, with rolls, from Papa Joe's. I honestly think I ate too much at lunch to be very hungry. I had a gorgeous salad with some of the best balsamic dressing I've ever encountered, followed by a brie and tomato sandwich with roasted red potatoes on the side. For dessert, I ate most of an awesome ice cream sandwich (vanilla on a pizzelle, cut into dainty finger sandwiches and served with salted caramel and hot fudge sauces). So, when the broccoli cheese, chicken noodle, and cream of mushroom soups arrived, I was unable fully to enjoy them. Poor Jeannene, I think she thought I just hated them. They were great. I just wasn't hungry!

No comments: