Saturday, January 04, 2014

Minted Lamb Burgers with Feta and Hummus

Sometimes, I get weird about lamb. I think it tastes great, but sometimes, if I think about it, I can't use it. However, when I am lamb-tolerant, I love it in burgers like this! If you are lamb-averse, use ground beef instead. This is great with fattoush on the side. The recipe comes from the February 2006 issue of Bon Appetit.

1 1/2 lb. ground lamb
1/2 c. minced mint leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. olive oil
7-8 oz. sliced feta (you can use crumbled feta if sliceable feta is hard to find where you live)
4 kaiser rolls, toasted
8 sweet onion slices
4 romaine leaves
Hummus

Mix meat, mint, and spices. Shape into 4 patties. Heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the burgers until browned on one side. Flip, add feta on top, and brown the other side. When cooked through, serve on rolls with onion, lettuce, and hummus.

No comments: