Monday, April 11, 2016

Soup & Grilled Cheese, April 8, 2016

Friday night, after a long, hard work week, Jeannene thought it would be lovely just to enjoy soup, grilled cheese, and an evening spent coloring. We ended up not coloring, as our middle son and his girlfriend unexpectedly joined us to discuss plans for their upcoming move to Alaska. Bubbles showed up, bearing pizza & cheesy breadsticks for all, as I was cooking Pie's second grilled cheese. Jeannene had Campbell's Harvest Tomato soup, while I tried & rejected a chicken orzo artichoke soup from the deli section of the grocery. The grilled cheese, plain old American on cheap white bread, was plenty for me.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Daria - I love reading your blog posts! I get them in my Bloglovin' feed which is a nice way to keep up with friend's blogs. I have to tell you that I have never had a grilled cheese sandwich made with anything other than good old white bread and those cheese food slices - until this last Sunday. I didn't have the slices so had to slice a block of sharp cheddar. Wow! What a taste difference! Now I don't think I'll ever go back to the slices. And am anxious to try other combos - like real swiss cheese and tomato....yum!

Daria Schaffnit said...

I love all kinds of grilled cheese. Brie is a favorite of mine.