Sunday, September 11, 2016

Pigs in Blankets, September 9, 2016

Friday night, we stayed in and I made breakfast for dinner: scrambled eggs (Eggbeaters, actually, and I was pleased that they were actually pretty decent), pigs in blankets, and applesauce. 

When I was growing up, my mom and I made pigs in blankets using hot dogs and dough we made from scratch. This is a quick and easy breakfast version. I just took whomp biscuits (the canned sort you whomp on the counter to open---thanks for the term goes to Sweet Potato Queen Jill Conner Browne), pulled each one apart to make two, wrapped a Brown & Serve turkey sausage in each one and sealed them. Then, I baked them in a preheated 400 degree oven for 5 minutes (on a baking sheet), turned them, and baked another 5 minutes. Yummy!

No comments: