Thursday, February 18, 2016

Honey Balsamic Pork Roast, February 16, 2016

If I could only ever eat meat from one animal again, it would unquestionably be the pig. I love pork. I love bacon, sausage, all kinds of pork products. Luckily for me, the pork roasts available these days are actually quite lean, allowing me to indulge and still have a reasonably healthy meal. I made a beautiful pork roast the other night, accompanied by baked acorn squash and green beans. The pork was wonderfully tender and flavorful. 

Honey Balsamic Pork Roast
1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 c. honey
Scant 1/3 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. turmeric
1 tsp. cayenne
2-3 lb. pork loin roast

Mix everything but the pork together well. Poke the pork roast all over several times with a fork. Marinate at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake until it registers 145 degrees on an instant-read meat thermometer. Remove from oven and let stand at least 10 minutes before slicing. Serves 4-6. 

2 comments:

MorMor Lenore Schaffnit said...

That sounds delicious! Sometime try soy sauce, ginger (grated), thyme and garlic on pork. It is the bomb!

Daria Schaffnit said...

I bet! We'll have to try that!