Monday, February 01, 2016

Maple-Soy Glazed Salmon, January 31, 2016

My wife loves salmon and doesn't often get to make it for dinner, as I am not a salmon fan and she tries to pick things we'll both like. Last night, for Sunday Dinner, she tried to make a dinner we'd all like by making grouper for me, rather than salmon. Sadly, the grouper from the freezer didn't smell very good, so she made me a piece of yellowfin tuna, instead. Well, I'm just too picky because I just didn't like it. It tasted very fishy to me, even though she insisted it shouldn't, and I don't really like sweet sauces on meat at all, either. However, our middle child and his girlfriend thought it was amazing, 10 out of 10, and Jeannene loved it, too. They all had the salmon. Jeannene made broccoli with a parmesan cream sauce & Bob Evans romano & herb mashed potatoes. She also baked a loaf of Pugliese bread from the Kroger freezer---it was my favorite thing, I am sorry to say. The good news is that Jeannene didn't love the mashed potatoes or broccoli, either. But it's always good to try new things! I wish I had the fish recipe to give you, because it sounds like people who love fish and sweet sauces for meats would go crazy for it.

No comments: