Thursday, February 18, 2016

Soy Ginger Catfish, February 15, 2016

Oh, dear. My wife and I should probably never make fish for one another. I spit out the tilapia she made and, when I made catfish on Monday, she said it tasted like poison. Maybe she meant "poisson"? Anyway, I thought it was delish and, when we pawned the leftovers off on our middle child and his girlfriend, they loved it. So, I put it down to Jeannene just not liking catfish. I served it with broccoli, jasmine rice, and clementines.

Soy Ginger Catfish
1/2 c. tamari
1/2 c. water
1 tbsp. sake
About an inch of ginger, peeled & grated
1 large shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
4 catfish fillets (you can use any fish you like, though)

Mix everything but the fish well. Add fish and marinate at least half an hour, longer, if possible. Serves 4


No comments: