Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Knife Skills Class, February 11, 2016

Women's Fellowship at our church is offering a Williams Sonoma cooking class series this month. It's  only $50 per person for three classes and they are letting us bring our baby with us, so we are, of course, in! Last Thursday was the first class, a knife skills class. I've been wanting to take one for a long time, but never got around to it. It was a lot of fun, but I felt like the techniques they showed us were, for the most part, more awkward and less efficient than what I already do. However, I did learn a few things, especially pertaining to knife care. Even if I hadn't learned a single thing, though, it was worth my time and money, for sure!

Since we weren't actually producing any food we could have for dinner, Women's Fellowship provided baked ziti, a gorgeous salad with antipasto toppings, and a stunningly delicious charrotcake (I think it was called), a mash-up of carrot cake and cheesecake. Wow, was that fab!

No comments: