Monday, April 20, 2015

Cajun-Spiced Turkey Meatloaf, April 14, 2015

Meatloaf is among the most prosaic of dishes, but man, is it good! Neither of our boys ever liked it, but both of us love it. I decided to do something a little different than my usual meatloaf this time, making a turkey meatloaf instead of beef, spicing it up a bit, and putting more veggies in than I usually do. Jeannene loved it and I thought it was pretty dang good, myself. I made mashed potatoes and fresh peas to go with it.

Cajun-Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c. panko
1 egg
1/4 c. ketchup (plus more for topping)
2 tsp. cajun seasoning
2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix everything together, gently, just until everything is well-combined. Press into a loaf pan. Top with extra ketchup. Bake until a meat thermometer in the center reads 165 degrees, 45-55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serves 6-8. 

No comments: