Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Garbanzo & Ditalini Stew, April 4, 2015

My mom and stepdad always have their Saturday dinner & a movie down in the holler with my almost-grandma. It's always fun to hear what she has cooked and what they chose to watch. It's even more fun to be there for it! This past Saturday, my mom made a fabulous vegetarian version of pasta e fagioli, using chickpeas instead of more traditional cranberry or kidney beans. She is supposed to be sending me the recipe, which I'll post, assuming it's okay with her. We had some cut-up carrots, celery, and cauliflower on the side, as well as guacamole for dipping. Dessert was my stepdad's birthday carrot cake, dense, chewy, and delicious, as well as some plain yogurt drizzled with maple syrup from my folks' trees up on the hill. That was truly the very most delicious maple syrup either Jeannene or I have tasted. Completely swoony.

No comments: