Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Life Cafe, April 7, 2015

On the 14th anniversary of us becoming a couple, we celebrated with mermaid practice at our gym, where we upgraded my membership to a couples' membership last night, followed by dinner in the cafe there. Jeannene confessed on the way home that she had been afraid the food would be terrible. I've gotten breakfast there after my aquatics class a few times and have always been favorably impressed. Last night, she chose the Cobb salad, which was just gorgeous, and a specialty smoothie with banana, peanut butter, and chocolate whey protein. I had some Pop Chips as an appetizer while we waited for our food, then tucked into a really yummy buffalo chicken wrap and spinach and shredded carrots with tahini goddess dressing. You have no control over what you get on the side, as far as I know, so it's really fun for me because sometimes it challenges me to try things I wouldn't ordinarily order. For dessert, I had a banana. It may not sound terribly romantic, but we both really love swimming and extra time together is always a wonderful thing! Plus, it's good for me to learn from Jeannene, the former swim team star. I've loved swimming since I was tiny, but I never learned about things like flip turns or challenging myself to work with only my legs by using the boards. I'm looking forward to many more happy swims---and the occasional breakfast date at the cafe.

No comments: