Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Shields & Stars, March 23, 2015

Since my sweet girl is still sick (and since the chicken & spaghetti dish I had planned sounded yucky to me), I let her decide what she wanted for dinner. She recently got a can of Campbell's chicken soup  with Avengers-themed pasta shapes in it. So, that was what she wanted. I have to admit, I was a little jealous of her Captain America shields & Thor hammers & Hulk fists (at least, I think that's what they were) & Ironman heads. I didn't see any Black Widow anythings. I guess the R&D folks at Campbell's figure all the girls will be eating the Disney Princess soup, anyway, so nobody will notice this omission. Me, I had classic chicken & stars soup, which I haven't had in years. I seem to have lost my taste for most canned soups over the last few years, although I do still like Progresso soups quite a bit, as well as Campbell's Alphabet Soup. Looks like chicken & stars makes the grade, as well. I made some grilled cheese sandwiches to go with the soup, nothing fancy, just American cheese on potato bread.

No comments: