Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Artichoke Mozzarella Brat, August 25, 2015

Last night was a final gathering, at our pastor's home, for our book discussion groups at church. We've spent the last year reading and discussing Emerging Church theologian Brian McLaren's book, We Make The Road By Walking, which is a terrific read and helped us think a lot about ways we can be more intentional about our own spiritual paths and the direction our congregation is walking, too.

I was greeted at the door by our pastor, who was taking orders for main course---burgers, apple gouda  brats, or artichoke mozzarella brats. I'd never heard of an artichoke mozzarella brat, so I chose that. It was so very delicious! We had all kinds of wonderful sides to choose from---veggie trays, fruit platters, salad, salt & vinegar kettle chips, and so forth. I opted to take my plate out to the deck, to join 3 other women from the church. It was so nice to sit outside and enjoy great conversation with these women. My wife and I are fairly new to the church, so it's always great to get the opportunity to get to know people better.

Dessert was also a display of many options. I chose to have a sliver of cheesecake and a small square of the most spectacularly good rhubarb cake! The woman who made it said that her husband has been growing tons of rhubarb this summer---so much that she has run out of things to do with it. I am so happy I got to sample some of it in cake form. Really amazing!

No comments: