Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash, August 6, 2015

When I make breakfast for dinner, it's usually pretty straightforward---eggs (fried, scrambled, or omelet), sausage or bacon, toast, fruit. However, the other night, I went to a bit more trouble and made a sausage & sweet potato hash with fried eggs (that, sadly, I cooked too hard---ah, well), toast, and cantaloupe slices. It was fab! I might try the hash with chorizo next time. I served it with some jarred tomatillo salsa, which was a great complement.

Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
1 lb. breakfast sausage, browned
2 bell peppers, chopped (I used one green and one red)
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tsp. cumin
Salt & pepper

Boil the potatoes in salted water until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Cook the peppers, onions, & garlic in the sausage grease (plus extra oil, if needed) until tender. Add sausage & sweet potatoes, along with the cumin, salt, & pepper. Cook about 5 minutes. Serves 4-6. 

No comments: