Monday, August 24, 2015

Sunday Dinner: Steak, August 23, 2015

I always joke that when it's Jeannene's night to do dinner, it's almost guaranteed that we'll have steak or pasta. Those are definitely her favorites. A few weeks ago, she was marinating steaks (I believe she used some sort of Montreal Steak Seasoning & beer) for Sunday Dinner when we got word that our youngest was ill. Dinner was off and we stuck the steaks in the freezer, going out to dinner, instead. This week, she pulled the steaks, t-bones, from the freezer, and broiled them (she ran the grill out of propane on the chicken wings she made for appetizers) for Sunday Dinner. They were much appreciated and now Pie and Bubbles have all our leftover steak to top salads later this week.

We did a really pretty simple Sunday Dinner, no dessert, although a bit appetizer heavy. Jeannene tends to go kinda crazy on those each Sunday. In addition to the wings, she also did a Velveeta queso blanco dip with Tostitos Scoops. That was stellar and I was glad the kids wolfed it because it kept me from doing so! Jeannene fried up some pierogies and I did a beautiful salad with the veggies on hand from the farmer's market, which happened to be zucchini, yellow squash, & an orange bell pepper. I chopped those and added them to some butter lettuce and sliced Bunny Luv carrots, my favorite brand. We always have a bunch of dressing on hand---Pie and I chose the Newman's Balsamic Vinaigrette, his first time trying it---he was delighted with it! I think Bubbles and Jeannene went with ranch.

No comments: